Sony Entertainment Television’s most admired show CID (Fireworks Productions) has the record of being the longest running series in the history of Indian television.
Switch on your television sets on weekends and one can see ACP Pradyuman (Shivaji Satham) constantly interrogating the suspects.
Amongst the characters of team CID, Daya (Dayanand Shetty) has been seen constantly slapping criminals for over 13 years now and every time the slap is enough to force a confession. And how can one forget when ACP Pradyuman tells Daya “Daya, Darvaza Tod Do” which is more famous than the cases his team tries to solve. The words certainly leave the audience in giggles.
Today, we at Tellychakkar.com discuss the top 10 ‘Thappad Mar’ moments of Daya in CID.
1. The time when there was a murder and Daya is blamed for it. It is interesting to see why he was held responsible for it.
2. The well built Daya slaps the criminal hard for blackmailing of suicide if caught. Moral of the story? One tight slap!
3. A fight for freedom episode where Daya surprisingly comes out of water and slaps the terrorist in style followed by an action packed sequence.
4. A case where Daya does not slap but holds the criminal upside down. We missed the Thappad but this act too was super cool.
5. The time when Daya is seen introducing himself flashing his finger rings on his famous Thappad hand. It might remind some of Amitabh Bachchan waving his hand in Bollywood movie Sarkar.
6. An episode presenting a case of serial killing where the criminal is doing nothing but waiting for the goodwill slap from inspector Daya so he can reveal the reason behind the crime.
7. A new lesson learnt. Whenever Daya Sir slaps ‘Daaton ke andar piano bajta hai..’
8. Daya becomes a coconut vendor for a day to nab the criminals. A visual treat to see him flaunt south Indian accent!
9. One slap from Daya will teleport a criminal from the place of crime to the CID Bureau. Enna rascala, mind it!
10. Daya at his unpredictable best. One can never know when he will get slapped.